The architectural project and the construction dates back to the second half of the 16th century. The Villa has been the prestigious residence of the noble family Agliata, and in 1840 the property passed to the Prince Corsini and later on to Pozzo di Borgo.
The buildings as they stand today are due to the major works done in the eighteenth century when the main building was adorned by a portico with five arches of Tuscan order and when two wings were added to form a large courtyard, that ends towards the park with an impressive gate.
The internal structure and decorations are characterized by trompe l'oeil wall textures. The frescoes of the Villa and the external loggia were painted by famous artists such as Ademollo.
The Villa, with an area of over 2200 square meters, is surrounded by a park of 10 hectares